What You Need to Know About This Toxin
Mold can grow within a person’s nasal and sinus cavity.
Here are a few mycotoxins and what they cause:
- Ochratoxin: produced by penicillin and aspergillum which cause cancer
- Aflatoxins: from aspergillum. causes liver cancer and depressed RNA synthesis
- Citrinin: from penicillium and aspergillum: carcinogenic
The spectrum of health impact on patients can range from:
Respiratory issues: such as allergy and asthma
Immune suppression: leading to infections
Neurologic complaints: memory issues, mood, balance problems and kidney toxicity
Here are some symptoms that patients present with:
- tingling and numbness
- fatigue and malaise
- memory and cognitive decline
- gastrointestinal issue: pain, bloating, discomfort
- sinus infections
- asthma, pneumonia
- joint pain and achiness, flu-like sumptoms
- nose bleeds
**NOTE: patients that have breast augmentation’s may harbor fungi within their implants.
Diagnosis of mold and mycotoxins require the following additional test:
VCS (visual contrast sensitivity):
exposure to biotoxins (mold and mycotoxins)
this is used for contrast of black and white vision
HLA status: if HLA is +, this is a bad indicator because the patient has a genetic variant that can’t tag the toxic cells to kill them.
MARCoNS status: This test is used to look at bacteria which are gram + and gram -. Also to look at yeast, mold and biofilms from a nasal swab.
Neuroquant volumetric brain analysis: Used to quantify the quantity of brain tissue that can be damaged by mold and lyme.