What You Need to Know About This Toxin
Mold and mycotoxins can and do create havoc on the human physiology. Patients may be exposed to mold and mycotoxins after damage occurs to their homes after a hurricane, a pipe breaking behind a wall or a water heater ruptures.
Anyone exposed to mold or mycotoxins can and do develop vague, bizarre symptoms prompting them to seek out medical help. However, some of my colleagues would not be able to diagnose such an issue. I cannot and will not fault them because patient’s symptoms are not easy to evaluate and treat.
(Mold is found in the nasal cavities, and mycotoxins are found in the urine. Both are important to test for.)
Here are some factors regarding MOLD:
- There are 100,000 species of mold
- 24 of these species cause issues to a patient’s health along with 12 mycotoxins
- These can be found in grains, silos that store food and moldy foods.
- After just 24-48 hours after water damage this damage can and do create spores.
Mold triggers an immune systemic inflammatory response. The spores formed by mold contain toxic fungi which contain mycotoxins. It takes 500 degrees of faranehit for 30 minutes to destroy the mycotoxin.
These mycotoxins suppress the immune by cell toxicity and altering the TH1/TH2 balance. They reduce the ability to fight bacterial infections and promote opportunistic infections by their ability to impact MARCoNS.
MARCoNS: multiple antibiotic resistant conjunctive negative staph, Lyme disease and mold normally do not grow unless a persons immune system is depressed.
MARCoNS stimulate biofilms which the fungi thrive in. They also present patients with an increased risk of cancer formation. MARCoNS can develop toxins that invade the brain tissue creating cognitive dysfunction.
What are biofilms: These are a “slime-like substance” that contain viruses, bacteria, yeast, and parasites. It is like a egg white covering yolk of an egg. No one biofilm is like another, thus treatment differs for each individual.
Check out our second part on MOLD next week!