CardiaX aims to reduce the prevalence of heart disease and associated conditions by empowering patients and physicians with a vital resource for early risk detection and an enhanced focus on personalized primary prevention.
CardiaX is the largest collection of genetic mutations and serological tests that provides potential risks for heart, metabolic, and vascular conditions for individuals with the following risks:
⇒ Family history of heart disease
⇒ Uncontrolled hypertension
⇒ History of cardiac events
⇒ Diagnosed with metabolic syndrome
⇒ Elevated inflammatory markers
⇒ Increased medical risk for hypertension
CardiaX was developed by Vibrant Wellness. It is used as a genetic testing tool to detect and interpret genetic variants that are associated with increased predisposition for heart conditions along with metabolic responses to certain pharmacological agents (drugs). The intended use of this testing is to help reduce certain heart conditions by making health style life changes.
This testing covers 16 different genes associated with cardiovascular and other associated diseases that can impact the patients health. Patients that are on multiple anti-hypertensive (blood pressure medications) may not have the genetic ability to break down the drugs into their active form and thus obtain all the side effects of the medication with no benefit. This new testing will discover such issues.
The test results of individual cardiovascular genes are represented by alleles (Homozygous Wild, Hetereozygous or Homozygous Mutant). The results are explained along with therapeutic modalities which include life style changes (diet, exercise, foods and nutrient supplements) to be used to reverse the on-going process.
1. 9p21 gene: Inflammation, plaque rupture, thrombosis ( blood clotting ) Abdominal Aortic Aneursym, Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Diseases, Coronary Heart Disease, Diabetes Mellitus
2. 6p24.1 gene: Coronary Heart Disease and Deep Venous Thrombosis ( blood clots that can flip to other areas of your body )
3. 4q25 gene: Atrial Fibrillation
4. ACE I/D: Hypertension, Left Ventricular Hypertrophy, Chronic Renal Insufficiency, nephroangiogenesis, microalbuminuria, Carotid IMT, Coronary Heart Disease and Myocardial Infarction ( MI) ( Heart attack)
5. COMT gene: Coronary Heart Disease, MI, and Hypertension and use of ASA and Vitamin E
6. 1q25: Coronary Heart Disease and Diabetes Mellitus
7. AP0 E4: CHD, lIpids, dietary response, omega 3 FA
8. MTHFR gene: ( A1298C and C677T) for methylation: endothelial dysfunction, hypertension, thrombosis, CVD, CHD,MI, CVA, and hyper-cysteinemia
9. CYP 1A2: HBP, M.I., CHD, tachycardia, stiff aorta, PWV,AI,SBP, PP, vascular inflammation, caffeine, increased catecholamines
10. Corin: Hypertension, CHF, and ANP and BNP, CRF, CVD, volume and sodium balance, eclampsia
11. CYP 11 B2: HBP and aldosterone
12. GSHPx: ( glutathione peroxidase ) : CHD, and MI
13. ADR B2: HBP, PRA, and Dash Diet and RAAS drugs
14. HETE CYP4AII and CYPA4F2: HBP, sodium and volume overload. ENAC and amiloride
15. AGTR1: ARB response
16. SCAR B1
Results of all lab tests are available to our patients along with a treatment alternatives. These results can be shared with you cardiologist or primary care physician. Please call our office at 321.421.7111 for further information and cost of this testing.